Here we go.

25 October 2008

This is an old post that I'm just now getting around to publish. (2 Nov 2008)

Friday evening, we stood in the middle of Main Street NLR and tolerated the Democratic lovefest (I love you/No, I love you more/Aw, shucks!) for two and a half hours. The highlight, in my opinion, was seeing old skool friends on our way home. We saw Louisa Rook-Teague, Jon Teague, Jerry Colburn, Mitchell Powers + his son (!) @ Starving Artist Cafe.

Running into (g)old pals coupled with the fact that I got myself amped up for the rally listening to Fugazi made me feel kinda nostalgic. Not the annoying kind; I promise not to tell any bories (boring stories). I'm just feelin' very very.

Anyway, photo:

The whole gang is up there -- Vic Snyder, Pat Hays, Bill Halter, Dale Bumpers, David Pryor, Mark Pryor, Mike Beebe, Tracy Steele, Corliss Williamson, Mary Steenburgen & of course Bill Clinton.  HUGS ON MAIN STREET!

How can I compliment ATM w/o sounding too girlfriend about it? He did a fantastic job DJing COOL SHOES. Let me testify: I danced his entire muhfuh set! Really, there was no way I could've left the dance floor; there were great tunes, perfectly executed. Can I get an AMEN?! It was one of those events where I was one of the four people over the age of 25. Guh. I had a good time, though. It was one of those nights that we got home @ 3 a.m. (!) We got in, kicked off our shoes, ate pizza & watched a few eps of Roseanne before turning in. These days, it hurts to stay up that late.

Because I stayed up so late, I didn't get too much done on Saturday. We got the hay bales for the party, so I guess that's some sort of an achievement. Oh! We went to Collin's house & he made us BBQ seitan sloppy joes, salad & fried pototoes. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM! We also sat around the fire pit & laughed about stuff. Got to see the Broadstone Bros., which was a long time comin'. It was a good evening.

Man, Sunday. I got up early & made a lot of food: vegetable soup, banana bread & shepherd's pie - I needed to use a lot of ingredients before they went bad AND I wanted to cook things we could eat after kickboxing, because I'm usually too wiped out to do any cooking after practice. I like this making a bunch of food at one time for future consumption, I should do it more often.

Sometime in the evening, I stepped on a hammer and cut my foot. There's a flap (GAG) and bruising and I can't walk on it. I mean, I motor & get around, but slowly. I went to kickboxing on Monday and the instructors couldn't believe I even showed, but I wanted to make an appearance because I was sick all last week and missed too much class, I wanted to let them know I am a serious student.  Well, I am!

I must confess my love for talking lady Rachel Maddow.  She's so smart and OTM, I wish we could be real-life pals.  I'm all Keith Olbermann who?

1 comment:

Alannah said...

I LOVE watching Rachel Maddow duke it out w/ Pat Robertson. she's awesome.

Blog Archive